Seagoe Parish Church, Portadown, situated close to the river Bann, is named after its founder St. Gobhan. One of the most ancient Christian settlements in Ireland, dating from 540A.D., it was rebuilt in 1814 and enlarged and embellished (in 1891) by Sir Thomas Drew, the foremost ecclesiastical architect of the day. The original building, of which the ruined walls can still be seen in the graveyard was destroyed in 1641, but rebuilt soon after 1660. A north aisle was added in 1755. This church was a long low shingle roofed building with a belfry at the west gable and a small gallery at the west end. By the early 19th Century it had become inadequate for the parish and the site was changed to the present position. The current building was dedicated in 1816. New pews were installed in 1874 and the church was almost entirely rebuilt in 1891 with the addition of a chancel, vestry and south aisle; the old vestry became the new porch and a new roof and windows were also provided. The font, still in use came from the 1660s church.