Seagoe Bell rings out for Easter Day for the first time in over 30yrs.
Over the last few months a lot of restoration work has taken place upon Seagoe Church’s tower. The bell was overhauled and a new electronic ringing mechanism fitted to enable the bell to be rung, having been silent for about 30years. In addition the stonework of the tower has been repointed and some stonework repaired, including the Diocesan plaque above the entrance door. Internally, the three upper floors were replaced, the entrance porch was retiled and the walls were replastered and painted
The total cost of the restoration was approx £170,000. A grants towards the some of the costs was gratefully received from the Herritage Lottery Fund.
In addition to the work on the tower, the grants also helped towards the cost of digitise some of our Parish Magazines. We are fortunate to have a full set of magazines from 1906 until the present time. The digitised editions from the first magazine in 1906 to 1935 can be accessed on a new website: www.seagoearchives.uk
Seagoe Parish has a very important and extensive archive dating back to the 1600s, and the magazines are but one part of this.